Note: Dial '0' for an outside line.
For serious illness or injury requiring urgent attention, call 000 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department.
Police, Fire, Ambulance (24 hours)
ANU Adviser to Staff
- The Adviser to Staff provides free, confidential and professional counseliing and advice to staff on-campus in dealing with work-related or personal issues that may be affecting their work.
- Advice to managers and work groups can also be provided.
- The Adviser can also help develop strategies for dealing with workplace issues causing difficulties or tension, and provide an informal, work-related mediation service for dispute resolution or problem-solving.
- The Adviser to Staff also co-ordinates an annual seminar series in conjunction with the ANU Counselling Centre.
- On-campus appointments can be made during business hours, Monday to Thursday. If we can’t take your call, leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org We’ll get back to you.
- W counselling.anu.edu.au/adviser-staff
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Assure is one of the two external providers for staff and their immediate family members. It provides a broad range of personal and work related issues as well as an advisory service for managers and supervisors. This service includes phone, face-to-face and online (skype or email) counselling.
ANU Health Service
If you cannot get hold of any of the above, contact the ANU Health Service and ask for an emergency appointment. They will ask the nature of the emergency, will assess and advise you of the best course of action - see a doctor who is available or failing that, come and sit with the nurse until someone is available.
ACT Mental Health Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team
The Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) is a 24-hour, seven day a week service for assessment and treatment of mentally ill people in crisis situations.
Lifeline provides access to crisis support, suicide prevention and mental health support services