Note: Dial '0' for an outside line.
For serious illness or injury requiring urgent attention, call 000 or go to your local hospital Emergency Department.
- ANU Security: 6125 2449
Police, Fire, Ambulance (24 hours)
- Triple zero (000)
- If you are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment call 106
Police attendance 131 444
ANU Adviser to Staff
The Adviser to Staff provides free, confidential and professional counselling and advice to staff on-campus in dealing with work-related or personal issues.
The Adviser can also help develop strategies for dealing with workplace issues causing difficulties or tension, and provide an informal, work-related mediation service for dispute resolution or problem-solving. Advise to managers and work groups can also be given.
ANU has three Advisers to Staff on campus:
- Gail Frank - Ext 53616 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays & Thursday)
- Linda Nicholson -Ext 58283 (Monday, Tuesday, Friday)
- Maaria Haque - Ext 58283 (on extended leave)
On-campus appointments can be made during business hours. If we can’t take your call, leave a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
ANU offers a choice of counselling and advisory services for our staff members and their immediate families.
Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providers can help you work through a broad range of personal and work-related issues. You don’t need to struggle alone.
They’re qualified, experienced and independent and the service is free and confidential.
For staff and family members
Assure – 1800 808 374
- Multiple locations
- Receive up to four (4) appointments per year. Delivery is flexible with appointments available in person, over the phone, or online through email or Skype.
- Assure also provide a 24hr crisis hotline.
- W: assureprograms.com.au
Relationships Australia – 02 6122 7100
- Receive up to four (4) appointments per year. Appointments can be taken in person or over the phone.
- W: racr.org.au
ANU Medical Centre
The on campus health services provider is the ANU Medical Centre. The ANU Medical Centre operates a state-of-the-art health and wellness clinic on levels 2 and 3 of the Health and Wellbeing Centre (Building 156) in Kambri.
ACT Mental Health Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team
The Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) is a 24-hour, seven day a week service for assessment and treatment of mentally ill people in crisis situations.
- 1800 629 354 (24-hour service)
- 02 6205 1065
- Mental health
Lifeline provides access to crisis support, suicide prevention and mental health support services
- 13 11 14