|What / responsibilities
|Supervisor / Manager
- Provides leadership and guidance on the change management process.
- Work with local HR to manage the change process in accordance with ANU Enterprise Agreement commitments and policy (includes development of proposals; undertaking consultation with staff (both individually and collectively); review and consider staff suggestions).
- Liaise with senior manager/s, College HR and Central HR on proposed changes.
- Inform and consult with staff about the planned/proposed changes.
- Support those staff who are affected by the change:
- allow and encourage staff to participate and have a say in any change process
- advise staff of assistance via the Advisor to staff and the Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Provide any necessary training and development opportunities which may enable staff to operate effectively within the new environment.
- Is informed/consulted about the planned changes.
- Responsibility to constructively engage in the change process.
- Understand that consultation means that ANU will take your view into consideration along with all other viewpoints - but this may not mean that your view will be adopted.
- May provide comments / suggestions during the consultation stage.
|Head of School / Head of Department
- Oversee the change process and provide strategic advice and direction.
- Final endorsement and approval of change management documents as well as recommendations of separations.
- Manage financial considerations within delegations.
- Oversee the change process in accordance with ANU Enterprise Agreement commitments and policy.
|College / Division HR
- Advise Organisational Change team of any upcoming change proposals and liaise with the Division throughout the process.
- Provide advice, assistance and support regarding formal and informal change process (ongoing throughout the process) to local staff.
- Preparation of change documentation; May attend / participate in change management meetings.
- Obtain local senior management endorsement for change proposals.
- Circulate change proposals to affected staff.
- Liaison with staff representatives/unions at all stages of the change proposal.
- Partner with local staff to implement any changes.
|Organisational Change Team (HR Division)
- Provide advice, assistance and support regarding formal and informal change processes (ongoing throughout the process).
- May attend/participate in change management meetings.
- Provide advice on and review of change management proposals.
- Notify union representatives of any change proposals and update on any status changes.
- Request separation estimate quoted from payroll, prepare relevant correspondence/deeds.
- Advice on possible redundancy and mutually agreed separations.
- Policy review and development.
|Director Human Resources
- As delegate for terminations the Director, Human Resources has the delegation to approve and sign off on redundancies and early separation arrangements.
- Oversight of any industrial disputes/grievances resulting from the change management process.
- Ensure change is managed in accordance with ANU Enterprise Agreement commitments and related policies and procedures.
- Exercise discretion in relation to issues outside "normal" change frameworks or beyond policy.