Executive coaching is designed to develop a senior leader’s capability for effectiveness in achieving improved individual and institutional performance. When senior leaders improve performance as a result of coaching, the institution benefits as it has a flow-on effect of building a coaching culture within the University.
Executive coaching assists senior leaders in understanding their roles and issues they are facing. It is conducted one to one for a set period of time with mutually defined work-related objectives that are developed by both the senior leader and external coach. The structure and approach is personalised and tailored to the needs of the senior leader with an intent to improve overall institutional performance. Executive coaches are trained to listen and observe, to customise their approach to the individual client's needs, and to elicit solutions and strategies from the client.
Executive coaching is available to senior leaders who would like to:
- Identify institutional issues and strategy
- Develop a more effective leadership style to improve professional performance
- Improve relationship and communication skills, including feedback and coaching of staff
- Deal with conflict and learn conflict-management skills
- Strengthen self-confidence, assertiveness and decision making
- Increased performance effectiveness
- Successful goal achievement
- Increased confidence and influence
- Improved self-awareness and authenticity
Individuals who engage in a coaching relationship can expect to:
- experience fresh perspectives on personal challenges and opportunities
- improved thinking and decision-making skills
- enhanced interpersonal effectiveness
- increased confidence in carrying out their chosen work and life roles
For more information about Executive Coaching please email Staff Development
Are you an executive coach who wants to work with us?
- Do you have experience working with senior leaders in a university context?
- Can you provide evidence of influencing and coaching senior leaders?
- Do you have prior work experience at an executive level?
- Are you interested in helping us to deliver on our strategic plan of enabling excellence?
If you meet the above criteria, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss potential opportunities.