Legal & other requirements

The following Commonwealth WHS and safety, rehabilitation and compensation legislation, regulations and codes of practice apply to all Colleges and Service Divisions.

Depending on the types of work, research and teaching conducted, Colleges and Service Divisions may need to comply with other Commonwealth legislation, regulations and codes of practice. Examples include Colleges and Service Divisions working with Radiation, Gene technology, Animals and Nanotechnology.

Authorisations, licences & permits

As well as the general legal requirements, workers may require specific authorisations, licences and permits to conduct work. ANU Safe Work Procedures will identify any specific requirements.

Australian standards

All Service Divisions and Colleges must be familiar with the Australian Standards that apply to their core business. Australian Standards are available through: SAI Global-Standards On-Line

Page owner: Human Resources