Workplace inspections measure the effectiveness of the University's Work Health and Safety Management System.
Workplace inspections include inspection of:
- a work area to ensure that controls are effective and safety requirements are being followed
- potentially hazardous process to ensure that controls have been effective
- plant to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g. pressure vessels, overhead cranes, gas cylinders).
Colleges and Service Divisions:
- are required to conduct annual inspections of all work areas
- may choose to conduct inspections more frequently depending of the nature of the work being carried out and the risks involved
- may delegate the responsibility for workplace inspections to local area WHS Committees.
Corrective actions identified during the inspection process will be assigned a responsible person, completion date and review date. Workplace inspections should take into account corrective action requirements from previous inspections.