Students & visitors to ANU shall:
- take reasonable care for their own health and safety
- take reasonable care that their acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of other persons
- so far as they are reasonably able, comply, with any reasonable instruction from their supervisor or the person they are visiting.
In performing these duties students and visitors shall:
- manage risk to the University's key assets
- follow safe work procedures
- use equipment under safe work instructions
- use a documented risk management process to remove or minimise Work Health & Safety (WHS) risks
- comply with WHS instructions, policies and procedures
- use and preserve safety and personal protective equipment correctly
- be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures and comply with the instructions given by emergency response personnel such as emergency wardens and first aiders
- report every injury, exposure, hazard or dangerous occurrence that occurs at ANU or while undertaking an ANU activity
- raise WHS concerns within the workplace.