Although First Aid Attendants are staff members of ANU they have no duties associated with their function as a First Aid Attendant.
In performing their function First Aid Attendants shall:
- complete or have completed a St John Ambulance (or equivalent) accredited First Aid course
- attend training as needed
- be familiar with the University's First Aid Procedure
- respond quickly to provide an emergency service for injury/illness as needed
- arrange prompt and suitable referral as needed
- record all treatment (however minor) on the First Aid/Injury report form
- encourage staff who have had an occupational injury/illness to report it on the online injury reporting system
- preserve first aid facilities, including first aid equipment, checking and restocking first aid kits as necessary.