ANU gives Work Health & Safety (WHS) a high management priority through:
- strategic committees including:
- staff networks
- a dedicated Work Environment Group which oversees WHS
- a comprehensive WHS management system
- providing an acceptable budget to areas to ensure a safe working environment and
- training of staff and contractors in the skills and competencies needed to perform tasks safely.
Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) also have specific powers under the Work Health and Safety Act which assist in the governance of WHS at ANU.