ANU EA 2017-2021
47.1. The University recognises that the contribution of highly skilled and dedicated professional staff are critical to the success and future of the University, and to achieving the standards of excellence to which the University has committed.
47.2. The University is committed to providing an ongoing range of career development programs and initiatives to advance the skills, knowledge and career progression of professional staff, such as:
- systematic and targeted staff development training opportunities through its career development program;
- access to a professional staff endowment fund to support attendance and participation in short courses, conferences and other comparable professional development opportunities;
- access to a professional staff scholarship scheme provide scholarships to support identified career development priorities for individual staff;
- wellbeing initiatives;
- study leave;
- internal and external networking opportunities;
- access to international staff exchange programs; and
- supporting rotation through work units, multi-skilling, project assignments and the selective use of advertised secondments.
47.3. The University will monitor and report on annual levels of staff training and development in achievement of University strategic goals.
47.4. Funding for career development opportunities will be provided through a mixture of central funding through the Human Resources Division and other internal training providers, and through local budget centres. The University aims to ensure that this funding is maintained at current levels, including the professional staff development scholarship scheme at a total value of $135,000 per annum for the life of the Agreement.
47.5. The University will provide annual advice to NTEU regarding the distribution of professional staff scholarship scheme funding.