Contracts of employment other than senior management contracts
16.1. Upon engagement, the University will provide each staff member with a contract of employment stipulating the type of appointment being offered and informing the staff member of the terms of engagement.
16.2. The contract of employment must contain information as follows:
- for a staff member other than a casual employee:
- the classification level and salary of the staff member on commencement of the employment;
- the hours or the fraction of full time hours to be worked; and
- where the employment includes a probationary period, the length and terms of the probation;
- for a fixed term staff member, the circumstance(s) referenced in clause 14.2 (Fixed term employment) under which the staff member is employed.
- for a casual staff member:
- the duties required;
- the number of hours required;
- the classification level and rate of pay for each duty required;
- a statement that any additional duties required during the term will be paid for at the rate of pay appropriate to the classification level of the additional duties; and
- for a casual staff member, a statement that they may have a right to apply for their appointment to be converted to a non-casual appointment in accordance with clause 15.17-15.18.
- grounds for termination in accordance within the ‘leaving ANU’ section of this Agreement; and
- other main conditions of employment including the identity of the employer, the legal and/or administrative sources from which those conditions arise, the duties and supervisor of the position.