Accidents and Insurance
If you are involved in accident, you must:
- Stop and provide assistance: Stop immediately and provide reasonable assistance to any injured parties, to the level of your ability;
- Contact the Emergency Services: Arrange for Police, Ambulance or Fire Brigade assistance as necessary. The Police must be called if anyone is injured or if the vehicle is not drivable;
- Make sure the scene is safe: Try to avoid any further injury or damage, to the level of your ability. Be aware of potentially dangerous situations, such as fuel spillage and fallen power lines;
- DO NOT ADMIT ANY LIABILITY;
- Comply with Police reporting requirements: You are not required to sign any formal statement taken by Police or anyone else at the accident scene.
In the ACT you must by law report an incident to the Police within 24 hours (see link below). A form available on the Canberra Connect website removes the need to attend an ACT Police Station to comply with the statutory reporting requirement.
Report a collision online
At your earliest opportunity, contact University Fleet Services: 6125 5400 or Ph 6125 2518 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Fleet Services will coordinate accident management including:
- any towing;
- damage quotes and repairs, time frames; and
- insurance claim paperwork.
When claiming against the ANU Insurance cover, (damage over $1000 and/or other party damage), you will be required to complete:
- Insurance claim and approval to deduct the excess form.
All University vehicles are covered by a vehicle breakdown service arrangement between the University and SG Fleet.
For further details please refer to:
- the driver assistance guide in the glove box;
- www.sgfleet.com; and
- the driver assistance hotline on 1800 006 084.
Please have the vehicle registration number when calling for assistance.