To encourage and recognise outstanding researchers with proven international reputations undertaking research that is of major importance in their field and who have made a significant contribution in advancing knowledge and research outcomes.
Nominations will be assessed on the basis of written evidence that demonstrates outstanding achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Evidence of the significance of the research in contributing to new knowledge and /or innovations in the discipline; or
- Evidence of sustained and excellent performance, particularly in the past five years. Performance should be considered against quality indicators and norms for research performance within a given discipline, in addition to more general measures of competitive research grant or commercial research income, publications and student completions; or
- Evidence of national and international recognition and impact of the research; or
- Evidence of research leadership (e.g. encouraging teamwork, mentoring and training of early career researchers and HDR students); or
- Evidence of inter-disciplinary research collaborations.
All staff members are eligible for the Vice-Chancellor’s Awards either as an individual or as part of a team. Nominees must be employed by the University (on payroll) in the year of the award. Current students may be included as part of team nominations as appropriate.
Nomination forms can be downloaded from the Vice-Chancellor’s Awards webpage. Nominations should be submitted as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than 5pm on the advertised closing date.
Nominations should be prepared by Sponsors, that is, a supervisor or other person within the University. Sponsors should specifically address the award criteria, provide examples to support their claims, and note that additional references are not permitted, and that additional paperwork will not be considered by the Committee.
Colleges and Service Divisions may choose to set up a committee to ensure that staff who warrant consideration of an award are not overlooked.
Sponsors should note that the Vice-Chancellor’s Awards recognise excellence in achievement and contribution that exceeds the normal expectations of the work undertaken by individuals and teams. The selection committee will consider the academic or professional level and consider their access to opportunity when making their evaluation.
Award finalists and sponsors will be contacted once the Committee has made a determination but recipients will not be announced until the awards ceremony. The awards will be presented at the celebratory Vice-Chancellor’s Annual Awards event in the same year and all nominees and sponsors will be invited. All award recipients will be published on the Vice-Chancellor’s Annual Awards webpage.
In the case of team awards, the team will receive one award, presented to the Team Lead (as specified on the nomination form).
For further information please contact email@example.com.