ANU Teaching & Learning Commons (TLC) venues are available to be hired for events, subject to availability. Whilst we endeavour to support events held on campus, ANU teaching activities will take priority over all event bookings.
The event organiser must read and agree to comply with the ANU Venue Hire Conditions at the time of the Application for Venue Hire (AVH) submission. ANU reserves the right to cancel or amend any booking.
The details below are intended to assist you in completing your AVH application, and the Venue Hire team are available to assist you through the AVH process.
Step 1: Venue hire
There are a range of venues on campus, including:
- Computer labs (PC or MAC)
- Flat teaching spaces (tutorial/seminar) with movable furniture
- Tiered lecture theatres with fixed furniture.
Choosing a venue
- The types, capacities and prices of venues can be found on the 2019 Price List for ANU Venue Hire.
- Find a venue with your required Audio Visual facilities. Click on the link to the equipment type that you require. This will bring up a list of locations with this equipment installed.
- Familiarise yourself with the locations of venues on campus.
- Check the availability of venues on the ANU Timetable.
There are a number of venues across campus that are managed by other ANU departments, and therefore not bookable through ANU Venue Hire.
Booking a venue
You must complete the relevant Application for Venue Hire (AVH) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The required processing time for ANU Venue Hire enquiries and booking requests is three business days. This may be longer in peak periods (i.e. January-March).
- The required processing time for Functions on Campus applications is either 14 business days (no liquor involved) or 21 business days (liquor involved).
Step 2: Additional approvals
If your Application for Venue Hire (AVH) meets any of the following criteria, a Functions on Campus application must be approved by ANU Facilities & Services.
- It is an event run by ANU staff with 100 or more attendees.
- It is an event run by student group currently affiliated with ANUSA or PARSA with 20 or more attendees.
- It is an event run by students (both affiliated and non-affiliated groups) that involves liquor.
- It is an event run by an external organisation/group, or a student group that is not affiliated with ANUSA or PARSA.
For information about holding a function on the ANU campus, including the link to the application form, visit Functions on Campus.
Further information and costs
Please submit requests for furniture hire and other additional services at least seven business days prior to the required delivery date.
- Additional furniture can be hired through ANU Venue Hire, subject to availability of furniture and the delivery schedule.
- Furniture Hire prices are the mandatory costs for delivery and pick-up of furniture (charged per item).
If you require any of the following additional services and/or equipment, please advise ANU Venue Hire. These may incur additional costs.
- ANU Security
- Audio Visual equipment or services:
- If this is the first time you will be using the venue, we encourage you to book a session to familiarise yourself with the AV facilities in the venue.
- Hiring additional AV equipment (e.g. hand-held microphones).
NOTE: ANU Security are unable to assist with IT or AV queries or issues.
Catering and refreshments in ANU venues
- Food and drink is not permitted in any Teaching and Learning Commons spaces.
- If you wish to have food and drinks at your event, please enquire about hiring a venue with a nearby foyer or kitchen space. Foyer and kitchen spaces cannot be hired out, but can be used on a first-come, first-served basis; however, this requires prior approval from the Building Custodian.
- ANU Venue Hire do not provide or organise catering for events.
If you have any questions about venue hire, please contact our friendly staff that will be able to assist you.
Operating hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday