- Contact the KCC office to enquire about availability for your preferred dates
- Your tentative dates will be penciled in and information will be sent to you via email
- Return your completed Booking/Confirmation form as soon as possible
- Confirm the final maximum number of people to be accommodated four (4) weeks prior to your arrival date plus the initial rooming allocations
- Two (2) weeks prior to arrival a Minimum Indicative Costing will be emailed. This is NOT a tax invoice, but forms the basis of an invoice that will be formally emailed after your visit
- Cancellation Fees will apply if a booking is cancelled (25% of booked facilities) or reduced in numbers (a fee is charged per bed cancelled) less than four weeks prior to the arrival date
- Basic accommodation fee for bookings made by anyone other than Universities and High Schools will be $37.50 per person twin share (ex-GST).
- Linen pack hire - $27.00 each
- inclusive use of cottage kitchens – add $20.00/night
- single night surcharge - $5.50
- day visitor fee - $16.50/day
- waste disposal fee - $50.00
- extra cleaning fees applied as necessary.
ANU bookings - A statement will be issued to the administrator nominated on the formal confirmation booking form. Please provide the departments GL code with signed delegation approval. Kioloa Staff will alert the F & S finance team to make the journal transfer from the GLC provided.
External bookings and all other payment types will have the GST included. Credit card and cash payments may be made at the KCC office. EFT details will be on the invoice. Cheques must be made out to: The Australian National University General Account Kioloa and posted to the Kioloa Coastal Campus address on the Invoice.
Cancellations notified less than four (4) weeks ahead of booked dates will be charged at the rate of 25% of the projected total group charge.
- The group leader or co‐ordinator needs to collect the keys for the whole group from the KCC office, along with the Fieldstation Manual. The office is located off the front verandah of The Homestead (the Manager’s residence) at the top of the KCC driveway, sign‐posted ‘Office’
- Water/swimming safety notices are displayed in the buildings and on the beaches and provided in the Fieldstation Manual. You must read the water safety instructions before going swimming
Staying at KCC
- Note that bed linen and blankets are not provided unless requested.(See Linen Pack details)
- To meet WH&S requirements, you must bring a bath towel, personal toiletries, bottom sheet, pillow case and sleeping bag ‐ OR ‐ top and bottom sheet, with blankets and/or quilt. If you arrive without some or any of these requirements, you will need to hire a full linen pack* for $27.00 (GST excl)
- Bring a beach towel, limited number available for hire on request
- Bring your toiletries – Bawley Point Village Shops are 4 km away
- Bring mosquito and insect repellent. Repellent also helps against ticks, leeches, and bushflies
- Make sure you bring sensible clothing, and sensible footwear, for all types of weather. It can turn cold in summer too, and it is often windy and rainy here. You may even find that slippers are useful inside, as the floors can be cold in the winter months
- Bring sunscreen and a sunhat, and a raincoat.
House keeping issues
- Rubbish: garbage, recycling and food waste - to be placed in our labelled garbage bins and recycling bins provided (near each main community building)
- drinking water - is the rain water collected from the roofs of the field station buildings and stored in rainwater tanks. Water for showers and toilets is sourced from the property dams
- power usage - Power failures are more common as we are in a remote area. As such save work regularly and be conscious of turning off power points when not in use.
- Carry out MANDATORY CLEANING, as outlined in the Fieldstation Manual
- Complete departure form
- Check and amend rooming allocation if necessary
- Return Fieldstation Manual and box of keys to Kioloa Homestead Office.
- Available on request
- Wireless/broadband internet access information is provided in the Fieldstation Manual given to the group leader on arrival
- Video conferencing facility also available on request (set up is for P.C)
- Bring your own computer equipment; that is, laptops (notebooks, tablets), any cables you need eg. For MAC laptops to connect to other IT/AV equipment
- Other Universities – find out about your own institutions Eduroam set‐up.