The Australian National University Legal Office provides legal advice and legal services to the University through the University's administrative and academic units.
The Legal Office does not provide personal legal services to members of staff or students. Students have access to a free legal service provided by ANUSA.
To contact the Legal Office email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 612 58489.
Instructions for issuing a Court Notice or Subpoena to the Australian National University.
Range of services
When providing services the Legal Office strives to provide advice that is professional, pragmatic and relevant. Its motto is:
si crocodilos capere vis paludem siccare non opus est*
The services we provide include:
- General legal advice
- Drafting and negotiating contracts, licences and leases
- Dispute resolution
- Interpretation of legislation including legislation affecting the University as well as the University Act, Rules and Statutes
- Advice on intellectual property issues
- Oversight of legislative and policy drafting
- Liaising with and monitoring external lawyers.
Queries in relation to the following non legal matters should always be directed to the area indicated before coming to this Office for assistance.
*don't try to drain the swamp to catch the crocodiles