The Academic Skills & Learning Centre works with academic staff to assist student to develop their underlying academic skills. This covers a range of topics such as time management, reading and researching, English language, oral communication, exams and writing.
There are a range of ways that we help you and your students:
- Workshops: we can deliver sessions directly into courses or to selected cohorts (starting students, Honours, Phd). The sessions can target a specific assignment (essay, report or oral presentation) or cover general academic skills (exams, academic integrity, referencing, reflective writing).
- Resources: for you to use in your lectures, tutorials or on your Wattles sites.
- Self-help resources: we have a large number of useful resources and handouts on our website including: referencing and academic integrity, writing and assessment, and adjusting to university.
- Appointments: one-to-one appointments for personalised advice on academic writing or any other study related issue. Staff are encouraged to refer students to us who are struggling or need specific assistance with their academic skills.
- Academic integrity: we can design a program of workshops and resources specifically to assist your students understand academic integrity and develop sound academic practices.
- Orientation week: during Oweek we run sessions that cover a wide range of topics. Recordings and resources from the O week workshops are available through a Wattle site.
To request a session or find out more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9am - 5pm weekdays
Closed on public holidays and weekends
Academic Skills & Learning Centre
Level 2, John Yencken Building
45 Sullivans Creek Rd
The Australian National University
Acton ACT 2601 Australia