The Academic Standards and Quality Office (ASQO) provides advice, direction and compliance implementation for the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA), the Education Services for Overseas Students Act (ESOS) and ANU Policy, Procedures and Rules.
ASQO has extensive liaison and provision of advice to the Department of Education and the Department of Home Affairs, and is crucial to ensuring the University's compliance with Government legislation.
ASQO provides domestic and international students with advice on ANU student related rules and policy and operationally advices, directs and implements compliance for the Higher Education Support Act (HESA) and Education Services for Overseas Students Act (ESOS).
ASQO support the curriculum management activities of the University through programs and course accreditation, scheduling and classes and the publication of the ANU Handbook online through Programs and Courses.
Specific responsibilities include:
- providing advice on academic policies and procedures;
- ensuring compliance with student visa regulations;
- registration of ANU programs for CRICOS;
- administration of US Financial Aid;
- reporting of education activities to the Commonwealth;
- administration of student appeals, coordination of development and review of academic rules, policies and procedures;
- maintenance of curriculum information in the student administration system and on Programs & Courses;
- liaison with Commonwealth departments and authorities on student, education and regulation matters.
The Academic Standards and Quality Office is now located in the new Di Riddell Student Centre (building 154), in Kambri.